Wednesday, March 12, 2008

enjoy the journey...

Let me pre-empt this post by reminding you that I am not yet an IronMan; this blog is about my journey to IronMan and the life lessons that I have learned, and been reminded of, along the way.......

So this is the goal.....
Well done Andrew (my brother) for earning three of these in New Zealand.

But I'm a guy..... guys are goal oriented..... I only thought of the goal; becoming an IronMan.

It took a girl, to point out to me that the process of achieving the goal is just as important, just as rewarding and just as enjoyable. I have really enjoyed every single day of working towards my goal. I have learned, enjoyed, celebrated, been dissapointed, even crashed, recovered, lost 10kg's and made mistakes, every day has been different, exciting, challenging. Thanks again Ashleigh, for telling me about the road to the goal; the process of getting there.

Guys, enjoy the journey, enjoy the day......

No comments: