Last year this time I was running 8 km as my longest run, I was a little heavier, and I had 10 toenails...now after IronMan, I am still the same person, but my mind is different. Its all kinda wierd ! I feel like the 'limits' have been removed from my mind. I am reminded of what 2 people told me before IronMan..."Life changes after IronMan - Avron and "After IronMan, you can do anything" - Andrew.
So I can now happily share the following exciting plans...
Ashleigh has qualified to run Comrades Marathon; 87 km Ultra 'up run' ...and is running on 15th June. I am flying to Durban to support my amazing girlfriend...
On August 24th we are running Puffer; an 80km mountain trail run which starts at Cape Point and runs along the mountain to Table Mountain and finishes in Cape Town's Waterfront. There is support along the route, but we need to carry our own water, compass, nutrition etc...
We are looking to buy a double surf ski to enter the Mixed Doubles Surf Ski Challenge which starts in October...
And we both have half marathon and marathon speed goals...
...and in between we are planning full moon hikes up Lions Head again, more running, me learning to surf ski without landing my beautiful Ashleigh in the sea, full moon runs up Chapmans Peak, maybe Double Century 200km bike ride, trail running, a visit to Sanbona Game Park (with spa treatments)... life is pretty good... with my pretty partner...
Tuesday, May 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Good luck with your running quests. Pop over to runnersworld.co.za forum and you'll find more runners who did the race on the 24th august!
Post a Comment